Like a hug from the inside.
Mmmm… do you smell that? A little bit of chocolate, a whiff of pumpkin, and a hint of cinnamon… it smells like a dairy-free pumpkin hot chocolate!
We are desperately waiting for the weather to cool down, but we couldn’t wait any longer. We decided to finally make some hot chocolate. Luckily for us, the hot weather didn’t ruin the mood the hot chocolate put us in. Try it out with us and enjoy an autumn treat!
We were inspired by recipe on Amy’s Healthy Baking blog and recreated her Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate recipe, but with a Seelect Tea twist. We added a Seelect Tea Chocolate Syrup drizzle, Seelect Tea Cinnamon syrup, and some whipped cream. Don’t worry, our syrups are gluten-free, vegan, and kosher. Here’s what we did to make our Dairy-Free Pumpkin Hot Chocolate.
First, add almond milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, pumpkin puree, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, brown sugar, and Seelect Tea’s Organic Cinnamon Syrup in a pot. You can use any milk you’d like. Unsweetened cashew milk was recommended in the original recipe for its thick texture. We decided to use almond milk instead to stay dairy-free and to have a thinner texture.
(If you’re wondering if the combination of the ground cinnamon and our Cinnamon syrup might be too strong, fear not! Our measurements give just the right kick.)
Stir the mixture with a whisk until the cocoa powder has completely dissolved in the mixture.
Put the pot on the stove over medium-low heat and continuously stir for 2-3 minutes.
Pour into two cups and top the drink off with whipped cream and a drizzle of Seelect Tea’s Organic Chocolate Syrup! The chocolate syrup is sugar-free and so delicious.
*Caution: the drink is pretty hot, so don’t burn your tongues!!*
Dairy-Free Pumpkin Hot Chocolate
- Stove top or hot plate
- Measuring Spoons (3)
- Measuring Cup (1)
- Small Pot
- 2 cups Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Purée
- ¼ tsp Seelect Tea Organic Cinnamon Syrup
- ⅛ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 pinch Ground Nutmeg
- 1 pinch Ground Ginger
- Seelect Tea Organic Chocolate Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Add all of the ingredients into a small pot or steel bowl (except the chocolate syrup).
- Whisk the ingredients in the bowl until the cocoa powder has completely dissolved.
- Put the pot or bowl on the stove or hot plate, over MEDIUM-LOW heat. Stir continuously for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the drink into two cups or mugs. Add whipped cream to your hot chocolate and drizzle Seelect Tea's Sugar-Free Chocolate Syrup over the whipped cream.
Shop with Seelect Tea!
We have a variety of teas, coffees, syrups, food colorings, and much more, and you can find them all on our website!